Sunday, August 22, 2010

Sowing for Spring

I have been sowing many little seeds for spring planting. These are what I have planted so far:

Green Basil
Thai Basil
Purple Basil
Lemon Basil
Rocket
Mint
Thyme
Chives

My big pride is my assortment of Heirloom Tomatoes:
Yellow pear
Green Zebra
Smallest tomato in the world - mini red cherry
Yellow buttons
Purple Hermitage
Green Grape
Crimson Grape

I am a member of Diggers in South Australia and that is where I got my seeds from. I have also pre-ordered four different raspberry plants for next winter: golden raspberry (a rich golden coloured fruit) and three types of red raspberry that fruit at different times so we have fruit all the time!

We have been propagating them in trays that keep the moisture and warmth inside, and protect them from the frost!

The main success for our plants here on the porch is the wonderful Worm Tea that we have been feeding them from our worm farms.

No comments:

Post a Comment