Friday, January 13, 2012
Salted Caramel Fudge
• 395g can sweetened condensed milk
• 1 cup brown sugar
• 1/4 cup golden syrup plus 1 tbsp
• 125g butter, chopped
• 180g white chocolate, finely chopped
• sea salt flakes
*optional decorative icing sugar shapes (butterflies)
1. Grease pan a 4cm deep, 20cm (base) square cake pan. Line base and sides with baking paper, allowing a 2cm overhang on all sides. You can also grease it with butter or spray oil.
2. Place condensed milk, sugar, golden syrup and butter in a saucepan over low heat. Cook, stirring, without boiling, for 10 minutes or until mixture is glossy and sugar has dissolved.
3. Increase heat to medium-low. Bring to a simmer, stirring. Cook, stirring constantly, for 6 to 8 minutes or until mixture thickens and comes away from side of pan. Remove from heat. Stir in chocolate until combined and melted. Spoon into prepared pan. Smooth top. Sprinkle with salt and decorations, pressing in with the back of a spoon to secure. Set aside for 30 minutes. Cover with plastic. Refrigerate for 6 hours or until firm.
Cut into pieces!