2 cans garbanzo beans (chick peas)
3 cloves Australian garlic (less pesticides, looks purple and white)
2 tbsp Tahini
pinch of salt
2 medium lemons
sweet or smoky paprika depending on your mood
Good quality Australian locally made Olive Oil (support your local producers)
1. Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in saucepan on medium heat and saute 1/2 the garlic, crushed
2. After a minute add the drained beans and retain one cans juices.
3. Cook beans for 5mins and be rough, they will eventually be mashed.
4. Add the can juices and tahini. Stir and squash beans. Cook for 10mins.
5. Add pinch of salt and juice of 1 lemon
6. Remove from heat. Use a handheld stick mixer or food processor to make most of the beans into a paste. Leave some half or whole for texture.
7. Add remaining crushed garlic, lemon and a pinch of paprika and mix well.
Serve with a drizzle of olive oil and paprika spinkle, use lebanese bread toasted and fresh locally grown foods from the garden like peppers, carrots, celery, blanched green beans or blanched broccoli.
NB: I often add 1 chopped dried Kashmiri Chilli for a bit of bite!